Previous Posts
The Nederland - Preview
I am back from Amsterdam. I decided not to do a post on this trip so soon due to the following reasons:
1) I have exams this coming thursday.
2) I will be back in Singapore soon, I wanna tell the story to my friends personally.
3) I haven't got all my photos, which are in han's harddisk. Have to wait for her to be back in Singapore in july! Argh
4) I have to get many of the places and food names in dutch right, have to confirm with Edwin and Joris.
5) World Cup is going on now.
6) I want to do a good one dedicating to the Dutchmen and friends.
Just a slight preview of this trip, the best trip I have in Europe. Not just sightseeing, but also the Dutch cultural immersion in only 4 days!
1) Red light district in Amsterdam.
2) Soft drugs coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
3) The Heineken brewery - where the bad (relative) influence of drinking is passed on to han.
4) Lovely coffee on the rooftop of the student house in Eindhoven - also where we attempted suicide.
5) Apple and Oinion shooting! - its a powerful weapon! I can't explain this, you simply have to watch the video clip.
6) The King's live guitar performance.
7) Being ferried on the bicycle by the 2 Dutchmen to the train station! - Someone find it sweet ~ *wink at Edwin and Han
8) 50km biking trip to Deltawerken Delta Works - Yesh, we cycled! quite impressed with han's endurance.
9) Cheese making in the cheese factory - where we tried the old and young cheese, also goat cheese.
10) Open Dutch Fisherman's village museum, where we had the best food - the smoke haring!
11) Experience with the traditional Dutch customes, walking sticks and the hood toys (not sure how to call them).
12) Rileena's Orchid greenhouse plantation.
13) Windmills! Lots of them!!
14) Lots of traditional dutch food.
15) Great beer drinking session! - although we missed out the drinking games.
See you all soon!
*By the way, this is a post that I do not have to crack my brain over what colour to use for the text.