My Photo album
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from qiyong tagged with ibages. Make your own badge here.

Qi-Yong

23 yr old Singaporean
MSN: vstar82@yahoo.com
Part time student, full time slacker
Backpacker wannabe
Reporting live from "Singapore"
Happy-go-lucky

Previous Posts

rewinding BACK
December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 November 2006



Live Radio Stations







eXTReMe Tracker

Warning: Do Not Click here!



Monday, March 06, 2006

Loughborough Market Revisited & Derbyshire Dales Hiking Trip



































Revisited the loughborough market this weekend. I went back to take some pictures as I did not have my camera with me the other time I went. It was also for some chocolate shopping for my friends back home. Easter season is near, and everybody over here celebrate Easter by giving one another chocolates. Chocolate eggs are very popular over here too. Due to my tight budget, I can only afford those more economical chocolates, nice or not I ain't sure. For those who receive the chocolates, try it and then let me know kie. For those who didn't receive anything, you are not forgotten, will get something next time round. Lots of other places I haven't been to yet, and it makes no sense to buy everything from one town. Haha, sorry! By the way, the air-shipping cost as much as the chocolates!!

















The Loughborough Market only opens on every thursday and sunday. The things they sell are quite similar to our local markets - vegetables, flowers, meat, seafood, etc.

















On sunday, I went on a hiking trip to Derbyshire Dales. The Derbyshire Dales is an area of rolling hills north of Derby. It offers some great walking and I had a great day here. This is my first hiking trip in UK, and I behave more like a tourist than a hiker. Can't be helped that I don't have any hiking gears with me. Waterproof warm clothings, walking boots, whistle, touchlight, compass, maps, where am I going to find all these things? Instead, I have my sweater, the temasek hall windbreaker, track pants and my very own 'smart' shoes. Of course, not to mention my cybershot! I am not just a tourist, but a freezing tourist! It was damn bloodly cold up there in the mountains or hills. It was even snowing very heavily, but only for about 10 minutes. Of course, after long hours of walking, we settled down and slack at a pub.

















Some words to describe the hike at the end of the day - Tiring, Bodyacheing, Legs Pain, Hungry, The hike is simply AWESOME! I guess I'm old already...


















Everytime I walked around the university with my camera, I am sure to take some new photos...



















Click here to view the photos in a slideshow (Loughborough Market 040306)
Click here to view the photos in a slideshow (Derbyshire Dales Hiking Trip - 050306)

Sidetracking...




















Those six photos above have one thing in common - backviews of people. I always like taking backviews of people, although until now I don't really have any good shots. The idea came from my favourite classic japanese drama, 'overtime'. Sometimes, human beings are just so fake, most of the time wearing a mask and putting on a fake smile to people all around. Haha, this definitely includes posing in front of a camera. However, true genuine smile should be able to be felt from behind, expressing their true feelings... backviews of friends departing at the railstation/airport... smiling towards their bright futures, full of hopes... and dreams... Oh man, I am reminded of my favourite japanese drama... It didn't have a fairy-tale ending but a more realistic one...

Soichiro: If I cannot make the girl I love happy I'll let her go. I cannot bear to see her troubled or sad.
Natsuki: What about your own feelings?

Soichiro: I'll keep it in my heart & let it vanish.

Dedicated to Natsuki, the most loved friend of my life.

|5:47 AM|

+ + + + + + + +