Previous Posts
Catalina State Park
What happens when a rose collides with a cactus? What happens if a porcupine bangs into them? I only know what will happen when my jeep collide with a cactus (found out the answer from a postcard).
I remember there is this cactus land in the game final fantasy. Lots of giant cactus everywhere. Today, I am right here, in this land of cactus.
The mountains, where I was heading to... looks near, looks short. Haa, I was wrong, I nearly get trapped up there.

I should have rented one of these, and take the horse trail up, it would have been so much easier. However, it doesn't go to the submit and I want to get to the top, so... drop the idea.

I should also have follow one of these tailored trails, it would have been so much easier, but then they don't go to the top, and it doesn't seem interesting enough. So, in the end I set off on my own path, with a hiking map and a compass borrowed from the ranger's office.
I am glad I did explore on my own. I discovered this lovely little site with a small stream of water flowing. Water in the desert hill! I think it may be due to the snow melting from the submit. Lovely view.

Army of cactus with their two generals!

Ok, in the end, regret that when I finally reached somewhere near the top, it was already dark. Either I hurried my way down or spend the night up there, which is not very wise. Firstly, it was cold. Second, I have a feeling that they are some strange creatures up there that might pop out from somewhere. I carried this fear on my way down, which in a way is good as it doubled up my pace downhill. It was totally dark by 7pm and all I have is a torch. Dragged myself all the way down, hit my jeep and zoom off...phew!
One last one which I forgot... This is huge!!