My Photo album
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from qiyong tagged with ibages. Make your own badge here.

Qi-Yong

23 yr old Singaporean
MSN: vstar82@yahoo.com
Part time student, full time slacker
Backpacker wannabe
Reporting live from "Singapore"
Happy-go-lucky

Previous Posts

rewinding BACK
December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 November 2006



Live Radio Stations







eXTReMe Tracker

Warning: Do Not Click here!



Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sakura 櫻

One of the thing that I will definitely love to do is to watch a cherry blossom. I thought I will be able to catch that in Japan next year. Never did I dream that my first sukura cherry blossom experience will be in the States, Washington DC. I was at the Capitol Mall Park for the cherry blossom with lin. Celebrating the beginning of spring in the nation's capital with this annual festival, which honors the gift to Washington, DC, of 3000 cherry trees from Tokyo in 1912.


































Spring is here!!!

















The Americans are as creative as the Japanese actually. We saw a bit of cosplay here. I saw Kakashi sensei from Naruto in his Ninja suit and mask. Didn't take pictures as they look unfriendly to approach. Anyway, it is only one group.


































We just took a stroll down the park, guess it would be fun to pinic over there. Too bad, no food no sandwiches.

















I think this is the most worthwhile trip. I have really came to the right place, at the right time! A little bit of japanese flavour i America!












































Goodbye Sakura, cya again next year, in Tokyo, hopfully... また、来年東京に会います。

|7:45 AM|

+ + + + + + + +