Previous Posts
rewinding BACK
Destination
Had a very crappy morning today, was enjoying my breakfast in the coffee shop at clementi when suddenly an old man approach and asked if I would like to have my fortune read? Looking back at him, I replied in mandarin “你看不出我有一个从来就不看相的相吗?” If he can predict my fortune, he should be able to predict that I am a person who will never want to have my fortune told. He was kind of pissed off and walked away.
All along, I believe in fate. Whatever’s going to happen, whoever one’s going to meet are all fated. It is also called one’s destiny. However, I do not believe there is anybody who can predict a person’s fate. I believe that everything is fated, even if some fortune teller has advised you on something and it has changed your life, it is also fated that you are meant to have met that fortune teller, and fated that your life will be change by him. But the interesting point is, no one knows what is exactly fated until it has really happened!
Still remember a year back when I was touring in Hong Kong with a friend. When we were walking along this street called “Temple Street”, we were stopped by a fortune teller. He asked if he could read our fortune. Arrogantly, he said that he will not even want to read our fortune if we don’t have a good one for him to read. In mandarin “要是你的命不好,我才不要跟你看”. Then, he suddenly grabbed my friend’s hand and said, “This hand of yours have yet to made any money, I will only recommend you the cheapest package.” Basically, he is just trying to say that we are non-working adults and have no income. Sounds impressive ah?? What happened next, of course, we bor chup him and went off. My friend was quite pissed off. Of course, that fortune teller said that when he grabbed my friend’s hand, because on that day, my friend was wearing a Casio watch. Ha, I bet he will say different thing if my friend was wearing a Rolex. So, conclusion, fortune tellers are all craps.
Personally, I believe that the person who can successfully predict his own future is he himself. All that is required is faith. For me, since young, I enjoy traveling and touring around the world. When we were younger, we tend to dream more. Some people wants to be a doctor, some people wants to be a lawyer. As for me, I dreamed to be a pilot, photographer, a tent-maker or even a lonely planet author! All possibilities that can provide me with opportunities to travel. I see myself traveling from countries to countries; experience all the different types of cultures and lifestyle. Is this going to be my future? Before I realized, all these have already been registered in my sub-conscious. After the A levels, a backpacking trip to the States to visit an old secondary schoolmate. During NS, because of my vacation, I was awarded with many opportunities to travel through the various sailing trips. Of course, not to mention school vacation trips and diving trips to nearby countries. This is the future that I have predicted long ago since childhood. Did I purposely make them happened? I am not sure… all I can say is all these have always been registered inside my sub-conscious, although I may not have realized. Just have to… keep walking, towards my destination.
One should always be clear of his destination at all times. It may not be very exact or distinctive, but at least he must be clear of his purpose or objective. Of course, along the way, he may get lost and become diverted. However, if he still remembers his destination, eventually he will find his way back. I always feel sad for those people in TV drama scenario where they felt so loss, hop onto a taxi and can’t tell the driver where they are heading for; “just go straight”. Haha, I know this is exaggerating. At the airport, all passenger knows where they are heading, which country, which city and which flight they are taking. If you happen to come across a passenger at the airport, who is unsure of where he’s destination is, you better beware! It could be somewhere like the twin tower! Still remember, once during lunch time when I was going out of office to eat with the JC kids. Haha, we have no destination. When asked, where for lunch. They decided that we took whichever bus that arrived. Different buses go to different places for lunch. Well, we don’t have a clear destination, but we are certain of our purpose – lunch! Okie, sorry, I am diverting…back to the track…
Not long from now, in about a month’s time, I will embark on another exciting journey – My SEP (Student Exchange Program) in Europe. Definitely planning lots of trips, to cities including, Vernice, Bacelona, Milan, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam (just to list a few). Still remember how excited I was, when applying for this exchange trip a year ago. But now, as departure date was getting closer, a strange feeling. I am not really eager to leave Singapore, not really looking forward to the day of departure. Why am I feeling this way? Is it because this will be the first time I will be away from home for a long period of six months? Going to miss my friends and family? I guess this is also the purpose of this blog. Just to give an update here and there, to the people back home, so that they can have an idea of what’s happening around me.
Will just have to continue to keep walking, keep discovering and keep believing.